Friday, July 3, 2009

Light Creamy Pepper Soup



Not a huge fan of bell peppers... But, I had them in my fridge the other day. My housemate bought them. And we had yams... or sweet potatoes... (In either case, they're the ones with the orangey coloured meat inside.) So I decided to make a soup!

So I sautéed some garlic and onions. Threw in an orange bell,  a red bell, and a Roma tomato (all de-seeded). Finally, I tossed in a yam, diced.

I looked in the fridge... only had about half a litre of milk. Poored that in. The liquid in the pot wasn't covering everything so I topped it off with water (hence the 'light' creamy pepper soup). I'm thinking that it would have been nice to add a concentrated beef broth. But, oh well, next time.

Last, I tossed in a couple of bay leaves, rosemary, black peppers, and basil. Also, I threw in a chili pepper I bought at a Mexican store in Kensington Market... Don't remember the name...

Boil, blend, re-heat, season, serve! (Drizzle olive oil on top! I would imagine a light drizzle of truffle oil wouldn't be bad either...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment